“The spirit gives life to man. Commerce gives life to mankind”
At Tope Adebayo LLP, our corporate and commercial practice is broad-based and comprehensive. It is reflective of the diversity of our clientele, as well as the industries that they operate in. By focusing on our niche areas of practice such as Business Advisory services, Company secretarial services, Corporate Governance, Foreign Investment, Insurance and Taxation, we are able to leverage expertise for our clients and provide quality service, helping our clients to achieve their goals.
As a firm that believes in the practice and business of law, we provide profit and success driven legal advice, based on our deep understanding of the laws and business environment in which our clients operate.
Our corporate/commercial practice goals are:
- To minimize risk to the barest minimum for our clients.
- To endeavor our clients are regulatory compliant to ensure seamless business operations.
- To ensure the continued success and survival of our client’s businesses
- Advise clients on mergers, demergers, acquisitions and re-organization.
- Advise clients on compliance with foreign and local anti-corruption laws including the EFCC Act, ICPC Act, Money Laundering Act, Criminal Code Act, Panel Code Act, FCPA and the Bribery Act.
- Act as receivers and managers. As receivers and managers, we have distinguished ourselves by our understanding that our primary business is not to kill or strangle businesses, but to revive businesses and set them on the path of recovery. Our strategies are unbiased, result-oriented, and within the confines of the law.
- Advise clients on listing and de-listing from the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Manage employer/employee relationships and advisory on executive retirement and dismissal procedures.
- Offer comprehensive company secretarial services including organization of AGMS and advising on compliance with and various sector of corporate governance codes.